Wednesday 11 December 2013

Hello, I'm back

Well, hello once again. Things got a bit strange when I got back from England, which is why there has been a silence on my part of about three weeks.Firstly, I had a milestone birthday which made my status as old git official, a fact which everybody reminded me of constantly. Secondly, we had some work done on our house. We moved everything to the floor below which made the place look like the abode of some obsessive compulsive hoarder, as seen on one of those freak-show TV programmes. I finally got the opportunity to sit at a keyboard by going back to England, where, to be brief, I discovered that I had come on a wild goose chase. I'm heading back at the weekend, taking my father for the upcoming festivities.

It is with sadness that I have to report that 'The French Cafe' is no more. I went there this morning to find that it has changed its name to the prosaic 'Market Cafe.'Another fine old institution gone to the dogs.

This evening sees the first broadcast by Millie's group: 'Les Sauviettes,' on the local radio station. For those of you who may be interested, the programme has the quaint title: 'Le cocktail des Artistes.' They are appearing with another group, so if you want to hear some harmony singing and brush up your French, it starts at 1700. (16.00 British time).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment